Name Change Overview

Name Change Overview

How do I know if I can get a name change in Nevada?

You must meet the following requirements to change your name in Nevada:

  • You have lived in Clark County, Nevada for at least 6 weeks before you file the Petition and you plan to live in Clark County, Nevada after the Petition is filed.
  • You are at least 18 years old. Do not use this form if you want to change your child’s name.
  • You have not been convicted of a felony. Do not use this form if you have been convicted of a felony. If you have been convicted of a felony, you should consult an attorney to see what steps should be taken to ask the Court to change your name.
  • You are not changing your name to avoid creditors or to defraud someone.

Can I change my first name? Which names can I change?

You can change your first, middle, or last name, or any combination of them.

Do I have to go to court to get my name changed?

No. The only reason you would need to go to court to change your name is if someone objects to your name change.

Will I need to publish my name change in the newspaper?

Yes, you must publish a notice in your local newspaper. This notice must run once a week, for three consecutive weeks.

Call now for a FREE consultation!

Call our office at (702) 476-9629 to schedule your FREE consultation.

Comments are closed.