Foreign Judgments Overview

Do You Need to Enforce an Order in Nevada from Another State?

How is this done?

A Foreign Judgment is a judgment from a court outside of Nevada, that Nevada will honor.

Foreign Judgments are defined in the Nevada Revised Statutes, Chapter 17, Section 330. NRS 17.340 says –

“As used in NRS 17.330 to 17.400, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires, ‘foreign judgment’ means any judgment of a court of the United States or of any other court which is entitled to full faith and credit in this state, except:”

  • “A judgment to which chapter 130 of NRS applies; and”
  • “An order for protection issued for the purpose of preventing violent or threatening acts or harassment against, or contact or communication with or physical proximity to, another person, including temporary and final orders.”
Divorce services

We Can Help

We can usually get your order from another state “domesticated” in a short amount of time. Of course, whether you should do this and what advantages you gain will be clearly discussed before taking this action.

How do I get a FREE consultation?

Call our office at (702) 476-9629 to set up your FREE consultation.

Comments are closed.